Sunday 1 May 2011

Little Royals

It has been a lovely Easter break with only one trip to A&E and plenty of picnics and family time!
As we all know Friday was the Royal wedding and yes, I thought her dress was genuinely lovely with its 50's sweet heart neck line and on trend lace sleeves. How ever I didn't get to watch the happy event as I was in a Womad children's marquee in Bath, helping The Red Mask art company with creating paper costumes for children. It was brilliant!
I took some very simple one piece corset (for the girls) and bid front (for the boys) pattern's with me;

And with the other artists the very talented Gemma, Xeena and Rhiannon we raided Scrapstores and took the biggest heap of materials;

   
for the children to get creative with. And they didn't disappoint. It was the sweetest way to spend the day as the children (and parents) were full of ideas, enthusiasm and really enjoyed themselves making their own "princess dresses" and "armour";







My out and out favourite though was "Rory the Brave" who ended up with a whole suit of armour. What this boy didn't know about knights was not worth knowing!

 Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment